Please review the following Terms and Conditions of placing your vehicle for auction with Regina Auto Auction.
Terms and Conditions
Regina Auto Auction requires the following from any persons consigning a vehicle for auction:
1. Must provide proof of ownership by providing consignor’s driver’s license and EITHER: 1. your latest provincial registration OR 2. a bill of sale and a $35 CarProof search fee payable to Regina Auto Auction Ltd. for the RAA required CarProof search to verify the ownership status of the vehicle.
2. Must complete a Consignment Declaration stating:
A. the vehicle description,
B. any significant information regarding the safety of the vehicle and declarations of transmission problems,
C. total losses and/or out-of-province status, and
D. any liens that may be held against the vehicle.
3. If your vehicle is out of province or has been a total loss you must provide documentation from SGI to confirm that it has been certified to be registered and roadworthy in Saskatchewan. If not, then Regina Auto Auction must inform the public that this needs to be done.
4. You must remove your license plate from the vehicle after you have booked it in with the Auction. Do not cancel your plates until the vehicle sells.
5. When your vehicle sells Regina Auto Auction will issue you a cheque for the amount that the vehicle sold for less our commission, a lien search fee ($15), a $15 per vehicle per sale run fee, and any other fees agreed to – such as washing and/or cleaning your vehicle. Cheques are issued the following Wednesday.
If the sold vehicle is not paid for in full by the purchaser, the sale collapses and Regina Auto Auction will relist your vehicle in the next auction.
6. In compliance with Saskatchewan’s Sale of Goods Act, Auction Sales, 57.:
- Where a sale by auction is not notified to be subject to a right to bid on behalf of the seller it shall not be lawful for the seller to bid himself/herself or to employ any person to bid at the sale or for the auctioneer knowingly to take a bid from the seller or any such person. A sale contravening this rule may be treated as fraudulent by the buyer.
- A sale by auction may be notified to be subject to a reserve or upset price and the right to bid may also be reserved expressly by or on behalf of the seller. Where a right to bid is expressly reserved but not otherwise the seller or any one person on his/her behalf may bid at the auction.
The penalty for bidding on your own vehicle:
- First offence – Verbal and/or written warning.
- Second offence – One year suspension from buying and/or selling at Regina Auto Auction.
- Third offence – Five year suspension from buying and/or selling at Regina Auto Auction.
7. If you require a specific dollar value from the sale of your vehicle you are required to inform the RAA office staff of your reserve price at time of consigning your vehicle.
8. Your vehicle will be placed through a second and third sale if it does not sell at the first sale. YOUR RESERVE PRICE DOES NOT CARRY OVER TO SECOND AND THIRD SALES. You must inform RAA office staff of your reserve price by the Friday prior to the Saturday auction. If you choose to remove your vehicle at any point before the end of the third sale you are immediately required to pay to Regina Auto Auction the buyback fee and vehicle run fee as referenced below in 9.
9. If your vehicle does not sell through the third sale then you are required to pay to Regina Auto Auction a buyback fee of $250 plus GST to recover your vehicle. You will also be charged a fee of $15 per sale/vehicle run fee. Your vehicle must be removed from our compound by noon on the Friday following the sale or a storage fee of $25 per day will be applicable.
10. Vehicles should be in starting and running condition to drive through the sale. If vehicle requires additional attention (fuel, excessive boosting, etc.), the owner may be subject to surcharge.
11. At the request of a potential buyer, your vehicle may be subject to a buyer-paid 100-point in-house inspection, the results of which will be provided to the potential buyer.
If you need help understanding any of these terms and conditions, please contact a member of the Regina Auto Auction staff.
Regina Auto Auction is a harassment-free zone. Confrontational behaviour, argumentative tones, racial slurs or profanity toward Regina Auto Auction staff and customers will not be tolerated in any form.